^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   64  deg. F  drizzly

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:32:55 -0400 Barbara Patterson
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Charlie:  As usual, you have put into words what many of us feel.
>Thank
>you and welcome back.  I would also like to add my thanks to Joe
>Bruman
>for his contributions.  I am sure it takes many, many hours of work to
>compile all that information.  While I'm at it, thanks also to Janet
>Paterson for all her info re the brain and depression.  You have all
>contributed greatly (along with many other listmembers) to making this
>discussion list a useful tool in dealing with pd and to making the
>archives of this list a unique resource for improving the quality of
>life
>of those of us with Parkinson's and our caregivers.
>
>Too many times we read negative reports about the internet...scams,
>pornography, etc...this discussion list is an example of what the
>internet can do positively to make our lives better.
>
>Barb
>
>Barbara Patterson
>HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext.
>22403
>                        School of Nursing

    Dear Listmembers,

    1. THANKS TO BARBARA PATTERSON

    I want to thank Barbara Patterson for creating  and maintaining our
list.  As I read her beautiful thank you's in the message above, I got
shivers down my spine. What she has been doing for us is such a BLESSING
in our lives.

   WHERE WOULD WE ALL BE WITHOUT THIS WONDERFUL LIST?  I for one am so
very grateful.

    Thanks again, Barbara P.

    2. PERSONAL UPDATE

    My house is so overwhelmingly beautiful, and  its Parkinson's
adaptations so helpful.  There is so much to do to get it ready for cold
weather.

    A live-in caregiver named Rose has been found through a local
minister I know, and my horrible caregiver triple-whammy is RESOLVED, at
least til September, and hopefully, much longer.

    Rose's mom has PD and Alzheimer's, and diabetes runs in their family.
 Rose knows many people I know and is a little older than me- 50 - and
has four children and five grandchildren.

     My two other primary caregivers come here to help me mornings and
evenings.  They are George, a friend of one of my friends, and Helen, the
daughter of a friend of mine.

     Also, a friend named David comes in at 4:30 AM to check on me, on
his way to work.  He is a baker.

    So, I can let go of the fear of unknown/selfish caregivers, and move
on to recovery from the fire.  I hope to be writing all of you about the
house and its many special Parkinson's-friendly features within the next
month.

    There are too many of you to thank individually, what can I say, but
thanks for your continuing support and letters!

IVAN SUZMAN