Joan -
I don't have any idea exactly what Amantadine does but it seems, at
least in the past, essential for my being able to move without suffering
very incapacitating freezing.  I get my drugs through the mail and,
about two years ago, had neglected to send for a refill on time. My
neurologist didn't think that skipping a few days would make any great
difference, but it did.  It necessitated using a wheelchair for the time
I was without the medication and it took a couple of days for it to take
effect again after getting the refill. I don't think this was mental,
and I have never tried doing without Amantadine since this experience.

Joan Holliday  64/21