An update on the fourth annual Parkinson's Unity Walk '97.

We're moving to Central Park.  Sorry General Grant, the Walk begins and
ends at the Band Shell near the 72nd Street - 5th Avenue entrance to the
Park.

A televised public service announcement featuring Eli Wallach and Anne
Jackson has begun airing on our local New York City Fox station, FOX 5. It
has been distributed to other local stations and will begin airing more
frequently in September.  A radio PSA is in the works.

Donna Hanover, broadcast journalist, First Lady of the City of New York and
Honorary Marshal of the Parkinson's Unity Walk, will devote an hour-long
segment on WOR's Joan Hamburg's radio talk show to Parkinson's.  WOR is at
710AM.  The program will air on Thursday August 14th at 11AM.  Included on
the panel will be Earl Ubell, health and science editor for Parade
Magazine, Pete Hamill, Editor-in-Chief of the Daily News, Margot Zobel,
President of the Parkinson's Unity Walk and Dr. John Rogers, neurologist at
Beth Israel Hospital.

What's that rumble I hear in the distance?  Why it's the Parkinson's 'Ball
of String' rolling down from Rochester, through the Adirondacks and on to
the NY Thruway.  At this rate it should be in Manhattan by mid- September.
Yes, the Ball of String is preparing to roll down Broadway, visit the
Statue of Liberty, maybe take in a play or two.   It won't be all fun and
games, though.  There will also be visits to hospitals and clinics toraise
awareness.  Of course the supremely special sphere's trajectory will bring
it into Central Park on Saturday, September 27th for the annual Parkinson's
Unity Walk.  Just another day's work for the Super Ball of PD Awareness.
No autographs, please.

I'm sure at least some walkers will join me in the "Has-been" Walk - a
completion of our two-mile course in reverse gear so we can see where we
has been rather than where we are going.  Kind of a nostalgia walk.
Hopefully,  this little feat will dramatize the difficulty PWP's face with
freezing.  If it helps some folks "unfreeze" by taking a few backward steps
- just think what two miles of backward walking will do?  (You might want
to consult your physician first.)  Perhaps this little stunt will garner
some much needed PD PR if the Ball of String story doesn't completely fill
the headlines.

Entertainment for the Walk will include an all-star jazz combo led by jazz
pianist, Herman Foster.  He is currently contacting other musicians to put
together a crowd-pleasing jazz show.

As always there will be prizes, refreshments, raffles, T-Shirts and lots of
friends.  Form a 5 member team for more prizes and fun.

For more information contact Margot Zobel
or 212 580 6505

Help us by Pre-Registering NOW!

Regards,
Ken Aidekman