At 07:19 AM 8/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Joan -
>I don't have any idea exactly what Amantadine does but it seems, at
>least in the past, essential for my being able to move without suffering
>very incapacitating freezing.  I get my drugs through the mail and,
>about two years ago, had neglected to send for a refill on time. My
>neurologist didn't think that skipping a few days would make any great
>difference, but it did.  It necessitated using a wheelchair for the time
>I was without the medication and it took a couple of days for it to take
>effect again after getting the refill. I don't think this was mental,
>and I have never tried doing without Amantadine since this experience.
>
>Joan Holliday  64/21

--------Afew years ago I was taken off Amantadine as part of a drug holiday
and I found out how much I depended on it. After a systematic withdrawal
Iwas rendered totaly unable to move and it got so bad that I was unable to
speak.  I was able to arrange my thoughts but was unable  project them .  I
have been on this drug for over 20 years .  The part I really dislike is the
discoloration of the skin on the ankel area.  I know that if I stop taking
it the skin will clear up .

Thats my expierence with this drug !

Russ Ahlstrom
53/32