Baldwin....

Y'know, Baldwin, you brought up something that I've noticed about myself and
assorted PD symptoms.   If I HAVEN'T ever had a particular symptom (and having
had PD for about 21 years, I've had my fair share of them symptoms), and IF I
read of a symptom here on the List that I've never heard of before, it seems
that within a few days of hearing about it, I GET it! <groan>

At first when this used to happen I'd get real worried... after all, the last
thing I needed was more PD symptoms! <rueful smile>  After a coupla-three
days, I'd forget about the new symptoms and they'd simply disappear.

While I occasionally get a new symptom that HASN'T necessarily been currently
in discussion on the List (and some of those don't disappear) <PHOOEY!> I've
concluded that those symptoms I've gotten after reading about 'em here on the
List were "self-fullfilling-prophacy symptoms."

I suspect a lot of us here on the PD List get those kinds of symptoms.  This
is  a bright and PD-savvy group of people who educate themselves about this
disease, and we're REALLY tuned into the daily changes in our respective
bodies.  I think many of us are very open and susceptible to suggestion when
it comes to PD.

Once I was aware of what I was mentally doing to myself, when I get a new
symptom, the first thing I do is check to see if it's has recently been
discussed on the List and if it has, I presume my imagination is reacting to
that discussion, and it's NOT the disease itself kicking up.  And if it IS the
disease, well, I'll know soon enough.

Barb Mallut