Thanks Camilla for taking the time away from sleep to post your warning.
How awful for you and Peter, I am so sorry.
Mel continues on the Mirapex.  He also had .125  three X daily for one week
and then it doubled for the second week and third week when I picked up the
perscription, it said 'take 2 and 1/2 3 times a day of  .25---that would be
.63 and ND had said she would gradually get him up to .5.  I called the
pharmacy, they called ND and ND office called to say just take one of the .25
til she sees him Aug 6 (tomorrow).  I think she made the mistake of saying 2
and 1/2 instead of 1 and 1/2, we'll see.
He is unstable, hallucinating more than usual but in some respects shows some
improvement.  He does not freeze so much as before and has shown some more
(slightly) mobility.  He does look frightened, eyes darting about sometime.
 We have an alarm system but there is a 40 second delay if he would walk
out--I do sleep much sounder than I used to---wore out as we all are.  It's a
hard call as he always hallucinates with any med change and as you, we did
have such high hopes