Charlie
You put in writing what Mel and I have been experiencing.  He kept his office
and secretary long after he couldn't go to the office.  He just couldn't let
go of  the thought of closing down the office.  It was such a part of his
lifestyle.
As for cognitive-Mel has lost much of that at times and I miss the
communication we had.  Yes, we are mourning too.  I take antidepressants and
he wants to ask for some when we see the ND tomorrow.  Hate to add another
pill esp. at this time trying to hang on to the Mirapex with all the side
effects of change in meds.
Thanks for your personal reflections, helps to know.
Mary CG for Mel 76/11