----------
> Fra: Heather Elizabeth Baird <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Re: What tests for Parkinsons?
> Dato: 4. august 1997 23:59
>
> , except you missed the most important one of
> all.  That one is belief.  If you believe that the Sinemet will
> not work, it won't, no matter what illness you do or don't have.
> That is why the Placebo works so well so often, it is not the
> drug, but the belief that works.  We still do not understand the
> mind, for example, can we, by just believing, cure an illness?
*** Hello Billy, I don`t believe that I can cure my PD just -believing- but
sure it help me in combination with Sinemet and Permax.

> Anyway, that is my two cents worth, not here much these days,
> just too busy to remember that I have PD.
*** Every morning when I open my e-mail - and waiting for respons from my
med. I often "forget" I suffer from an disease. I`m trying EVERY day to doo
something I like very much, that`s keeps me going on.

 That reminds me, why
> do we call it a disease?  If you have cancer, you don't say I
> have cancer disease.  If you have Aids, you don't say I have Aids
> Disease.  But if you have Parkinsons, you say, I have Parkinsons
> Disease!?
*** To me is PD only a "word", and I like this diagnose better than
"RYSTESYGE" (in Danish) it`s difficult to translate - but something like
"SHAKING-ILNESS" roughly translated. :-) because I almost have no tremor -
but for sure I`m stiff in the morning.
Regard,
Sonia N
dk