Nancy Burnham referenced Don's weight loss and questioned whether any other
PWP had noticed similar behaviour.

Yes... I [57/8] have. At the time of my diagnosis I was hovering around 200
pounds and had been there for the past 15-20 years. I'd coast up toward 210
during the holidays and then slowly return toward 200 during the rest of the
year. As the Parkinson's symptoms worsened, I began to lose weight and 3 to
4 years ago plateaued at 170. I have always been physically and mentally
active and probably today achieve corresponding activity levels of 50--60
percent of my preParkinson's days.

>From a dietary point of view, I definitely consume less today. If I tried to
estimate relative caloric input levels derived from my three daily meals it
would be 60-70 percent of preParkinson's days. It's very interesting,
however, I've developed a real longing for ice cream and beg, borrow or
steal at least a quart a day of the lovely high butterfat New England
concoction... and that provides a whopping input of 1400 calories.

I'm reasonably certain that my tardive dyskinesia can be credited with the
consumption of many of my daily calories. I am terribly allergic to our good
friend levodopa and struggle fiercely with it. When I go into wear off
either because of a forgotten or overdo  daily dose, or in the evening when
I stop taking sinemet, the level of physical activity frequently brings
sweat to my brow... and as I mentioned in an earlier posting, the evening
dyskinesia can last for hours [sometimes all night]. I guess I've evolved
into some kind of a perpetual exercise machine and it sucks.