burnham wrote:>
> Wondering if anyone else has noticed weight loss with PD.  Don who has
> always maintained around 170 pounds informed me this morning that he is down
> to 158.

Dear Nancy,
Yes, weight loss is very common with PD. There are many explanations
given for this, none proven that I know of. Unexplained weight loss can
be a very serious problem, however, and should be addressed immediately.
A nutrition assessment by a registered dietitian in your area would be a
very good idea.

Barring other medical conditions, allergies, or medications or lab
reports that would contraindicate, I usually recommend small,
nutrient-dense snacks between meals -- nuts, peanut butter, fruits and
fruit juices, Instant Breakfast (made with soymilk or ricemilk if cow's
milk is too high in protein). A gradual weight regain of 1/4 to 1/5
pound per week is usually a good goal.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--