At 04:37 PM 8/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Nancy Burnham referenced Don's weight loss and questioned whether any other
>PWP had noticed similar behaviour.
>
>Yes... I [57/8] have. At the time of my diagnosis I was hovering around 200
>pounds and had been there for the past 15-20 years. I'd coast up toward 210
>during the holidays and then slowly return toward 200 during the rest of the
>year. As the Parkinson's symptoms worsened, I began to lose weight and 3 to
>4 years ago plateaued at 170. I have always been physically and mentally
>active and probably today achieve corresponding activity levels of 50--60
>percent of my preParkinson's days.
>
>>From a dietary point of view, I definitely consume less today. If I tried to
>estimate relative caloric input levels derived from my three daily meals it
>would be 60-70 percent of preParkinson's days. It's very interesting,
>however, I've developed a real longing for ice cream and beg, borrow or
>steal at least a quart a day of the lovely high butterfat New England
>concoction... and that provides a whopping input of 1400 calories.
>
>I'm reasonably certain that my tardive dyskinesia can be credited with the
>consumption of many of my daily calories. I am terribly allergic to our good
>friend levodopa and struggle fiercely with it. When I go into wear off
>either because of a forgotten or overdo  daily dose, or in the evening when
>I stop taking sinemet, the level of physical activity frequently brings
>sweat to my brow... and as I mentioned in an earlier posting, the evening
>dyskinesia can last for hours [sometimes all night]. I guess I've evolved
>into some kind of a perpetual exercise machine and it sucks.

  72/25  david i don,t know if i am the don you are talkind about. 118lb  i
am I.Y.Q. don i spent 5/1/2 months in icu for my where sun don,t shine. said
it would only be 3 to 4 days. i 3 opening now. after beening fed through
tubes and veins for that long you loose taste for food. last night i ate 1/4
watermelon half hamgurg and small diahof peas. spent about 3hr in the kings
room. to night i ate two hot dogs with chili on them 20 french frys and some
cron. quen. or laides room.  vivian gave me kiss for eating so much at one
time. hope no kings room.  only like any thing with tomatoes in it. hope to
like moreas time goesby

                 [log in to unmask]     lima,ohio    I.Y.Q.don