On Fri 01 Aug, Arthur Stienstra wrote:
> TO ALL.
> My wife is taking APOMORPHINE along with all the usual PD medications along
> with Zoloft and Clozaril.  Add to that the over the counter stuff for
> constipation.
> If anyone else is familiar with the use of Apomorphine, I would like to
> exchange info with them.  She is also trying the new medication PRAMIPEXOLE
> (TRADE NAME: MIRAPEX).  She has had PD for about 15 years.
>                                 [log in to unmask]  Art Stienstra

Hello Arthur, Apomorphine is indeed a potentially powerful drug. I
tend (Like Ida) to think of it as a little 'nest-egg' for the time
when virtually nothing else will work. I know one person who uses
Apomorphine on an occasional basisS, and reports that sometimes it can
induce extreme sleepiness, even to the point of flopping face down
into the evening meal !

I don't know if you are aware of it, but there
is an alternative method of delivery for Apomorphine: The Apomorphine
pump, This has to be plugged into the body at the beginning of the
day, so it is not entirely free of injections (These injections are,
by-the-way , into muscular or fat areas, NOT into veins. The nice
thing about the pump system is that it delivers just the required
quantity of drug, and, because it by-passes the food route
altogethere, is unaffected by meals. I can't tell you the price, but
it is NOT cheap.

One last point, you seem to be trying very hard to find a resolution
of your problems  and as one who was diagnosed 18 years ago, I can
sympathise with your problems. However, don't rush into anything, and
don't change more than one aspect at a time, otherwise you may miss
the next important change.

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>