hi diane

you asked:
>Why do people with PD talk about Alzheimers.
>Is there a connection.

since i'm probably the one who posts the most news items
cause i'm a nosy news-hound from way back
i thought i'd jump in on this one

i'm no scientist or medico
but from my layperson/parkie viewpoint
there's been an amazing increase in brain research over the past decade
particularly in the areas of 'neuro-degenerative' conditions
which include pd and alzheimer's

i believe that the thinking among the research community
who are now working at the cellular level thanks to technology
is that any major new discovery could very well affect
more than one of the conditions now being investigated

which is why i tend to post
any and all articles i find about the brain in general

>I am sorry to be so stupid but I do not know.

good golly!
if we all knew everything - what a horrible thought!
the only thing stupid about any question
is not asking it

with love to you and your mum

your syber-sis

janet