This is a two-part response, the first of which is addressed to John Morey,
and the second, the topic:

John, m'dear... I ain't got nothing against the term "dirty old MEN," <grin>
as opposed to "dirty old PERSONS." <grin> However, in my oh-so-extensive
experience <sic> in the singles world (been single for 15 years come
September), I've dated a LOT of men and also have number of male friends, and
I've come to the conclusion that MOST men aren't what I'd think of as "dirty
old men."   What they ARE is "sexual men-type people."  And I like 'em just
the way they are <smile>.

The subject of the male and chronic disease (NOT just PD), and for that matter
men AND women with chronic disease, seems to be ignored by the medical
community AND often by those of us who SHOULD be the most concerned about  it.

In my opinion, what goes on in our respective bedrooms should be private, but
the SUBJECT of chronic disease and sexuality, and in this case, PD
specifically, SHOULD be a topic for public discussion.  Our sexuality, HUMAN
sexuality, is a major part of BEING human and just because someone has a
chronic disease doesn't mean that they've suddenly stopped being human OR
stopped being sexual (or sensual).

IF we, as individuals living with a chronic disease, can discuss our
constipation as we so often do on this List, our depression,  our urinary
problems, and the myriads of other personal and often topics that get
introduced here, discussing our sexuality (or lack of it) should' be something
we shy away from at all!   It's just another part of being human and being
alive.

And HEY.. if we can get a laugh out of it sometimes, so much the better! <wee
smirk>

Barb Mallut