On one hand, a response was received. On the other hand, how much thought
was really
given to the issue? I refer you to the second sentence, first paragraph....
__________________________
July 25, 1997
Dear Mrs. Tuchman:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the lack of
research for Parkinson's Disease.  I hope that you are doing well and we
wish you a speedy recovery.

Parkinson's Disease affects the lives of millions of Americans who either
have the disease or have a loved one who is fighting the disease.  The Udall
Bill is designed to provide more research for preventing the disease and to
find a cure for those who always have the symptoms of PD.

Although there is still no cure for Parkinson's Disease, research has
identified several risk factors in the development of the disease.  New
drugs are being tested for controlling the disease.  We will continue the
fight to find a cure for this perplexing disease.

Again, thank you for writing me and keeping me informed on how this
situation affects hardworking Americans in Florida and throughout the
country.  If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Joe Scarborough
_________________________

Rep. Scarborough (R-1-FL) is not a cosponsor of the Udall bill. I will
respond to his
letter and perhaps a few Florida residents could also contact his office to
suggest that
our "speedy recovery" can become a reality not by "wishing" but by
supporting the
Udall bill. The aide who wrote the letter has good intentions, just needs a
little
education.

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540