Marling,
        My parents and I just spent 3 out of the last four weeks with my sister's
two children (Brooke is 14 yrs. old and Blake is 7 months old). They are my
parents' two youngest grandchildren (the others range in age from 31 years to
25 years). Blake is learning early how to relate to my Dad (Blake relates to
Dad the same way he relates to other men.) Brooke is the one who is older and
is really learning tolerance. She, Mom, Dad, and I just went to Sea World a
few days ago. Dad has only used a wheelchair one other time, and that was
last year when he, Mom, and I went to Disney World in Florida. Anyway, Brooke
took extra good care of Dad, carefully pushing Dad's chair through the
crowds, and going the extra little bit of distance (and getting some really
bad seats at the shows, as that's what was given to the people in
wheelchairs--they're going to get a letter from me!). Brooke did this without
complaining or whining! She loves her grandpa, and while she wishes he didn't
have PD, she accepts him just as he is. Not bad for a 14 year old! Trish