Nancy,

Weight loss is a normal phenomenon for PWP's. However having PD does
not exclude other causes. So I think your husband should have a
medical examination. If nothing else is found it can be the PD, that may,
in different ways, cause weight loss. While suffering from dystonia, all
physical work takes more strength and energy and even doing nothing with
tense muscles takes energy. So one uses more calories. Another cause
may be that the intestines don't do their work as they should do, so
one can use only a part of ones food.  PD itself or the meds can cause
loss of proper functioning of the intestines. A third cause may be that
sinemet or an agonist has an accelerating effect on the metabolism.
If so again more calories are used.
If a PWP loses weight their is no reason for panic, but a medical
check-up is to be recommended.
 Ida Kamphuis, 53/12+ , Holland

Aan 7-8-97 4:30, in bericht <[log in to unmask]>, burnham