Ned wrote:

> Charles T. Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Kathie,
> >
> > Your friend sounds like he is in serious trouble and is lucky to
> have
> > friends like you and the rest of your group.
> >
> > Olanzepine is a new (within the past year) neuroleptic which is not
> > supposed to block striatal dopamine nearly as much as the "standard"
> > antipsychotic drugs.
>
> supposed to be is right!  my psych put me on that stuff and it froze
> me
> like a statue.  i was crawling around my house all weekend.  its weird
> .  i can take risperdol and it doesn't bother me.  go figure.
>
> ned b
Ned

That is surprising that you tolerate respiridol better than olanzepine.
My experience with olanzepine is very limited however.  If the
resperidol works obviously stick with it.   But remember that clozaril
usually works for PD med induced hallucinations and delusions without
adversely affecting PD.

Charlie
--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.