Janet and others,

Some observations on this subject:

1.  When I used to take Eldepryl, I used to take one 10mg dose each morning
only.  It worked very well for me and seemed to last the full 24 hour period
without problem.

2.  I have just checcked the patient information leaflet for Eldepryl which
I still have. Amongst other things, it says:

"The usual dose of Eldepryl is 10mg taken in the morning."

and, "Avoid taking Eldepryl at night."

3. A current medical site I have read, comes up with this interesting quote:

<<The half-life of deprenyl in the body is only a few hours; but once it
enters the brain, its effects are very long-lasting. The half-life of MAO-B
inhibition in humans has been measured to be about 40 days, therefore,
deprenyl probably need not be taken daily by persons who do not have a
neurological disease.>>

This would probably account for the fact that it took a number of weeks for
the effects of my withdrawal from Eldepryl to become noticeable.

I hope this and what others say are of some help.

Ernie.

Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>