I finally started my week three dose of (2) 0.25 mg Mirapex three times a
day. I had stopped taking Parlodel  right before I started the Mirapex, so
my first and second weeks were undermedicated, and I had increased my
sinemet use slightly to compensate. Yesterday taking  the full 1.5 mgs I
experienced some dyskinesia right away in the morning, and continued in that
vein all day. By evening I was fairly nauseous, with a burning sensation in
my stomach that was aggravated by food. Frankly, I felt terrible last night,
nauseous and restless.

This morning I took my first dose at 6:45 am, and here I sit 2 hours later,
wiggling  and unable to keep my legs still. I take this response as good
news, as I will see if I am able to reduce the sinemet and eliminate the
dyskinesia. I had secret hopes that Mirapex would be SO terrific that I
wouldn't need sinemet at all...hard to figure how someone with an incurable,
degenerative disease can be an optimist, but I just can't help myself. I
know there's a silver lining somewhere in that dark cloud!

I'd say my reactions to Mirapex are positive so far, side effects tolerable
at this level, seems to be boosting my sinemet satisfactorily. A little
fine-tuning and I'll be just fine. I'm assuming the nausea will diminish
over time. One plus that I have noticed is that the Mirapex seems much less
binding than parlodel was, so my comfort is enhanced by not always feeling
sluggish and plugged up.   :)

Kathie Tollifson
47/9