>. Like I told Ron today, when
> life is reduced to the lowest common denominator, all the fluff gone, we
get
> to be who we really are.
> Kathie Tollifson
> 47/9

Kathy, I would like to thank you for this very descriptive account of
Parkinson's crisis from the view-point of the victim as well as the
caregiver.  I plan to post it on our bulletin board at work.

Perhaps our pharmacy would also benefit from several of your observations
as well.

Yesterday I took care of two newly diagnosed PD patients.  One had had PD
for years without anyone addressing her obvious symptoms.  She has wasted
away to practically nothing because she couldn't eat.

The second bright, wonderfully intelligent 84 year old had been told by her
doctor  (Cardiologist) that she had PD, but that she 'wasn't severe enough
to take medication yet.'  I did everything I could to contain my anger, for
she was markedly debilitated by her symptoms and frustrated that she could
no longer move effectively.  I desperately tried to keep my voice calm as I
suggested that perhaps a visit to a neurologist might be in order.
Geeeezzzzz.
-------
Regards
Mary Ann