hi margie

you said:

> The ice cream craving is interesting to me, too.
> At one point the subject of craving ice cream somehow
> came up in our support group.  It turned out the
> craving for ice cream was so nearly so universal
> among the PWP in the group that we jokingly declared
> it the newest way to test for PD.

when i first started taking simemet
i had major problems with stomach pains and nausea
the situation was complicated by an anti-inflammatory med
[i believe] that i was also on at the same time to treat tendonitis

the short version of this story
is that my appetite was messed up for many months
to the point where i could only tolerate one or two bites of any food
before losing all interest in eating

however, during this period
a craving for ice cream and other sweets developed

i described it to my sister
as the only thing that my 'sour' stomach could tolerate
and the only thing that would make it feel half-way normal

she related this nausea and 'sour stomach' sensation
to the nausea she felt with 'morning sickness' when she was pregnant
the only thing she could tolerate then
[particularly on an empty stomach]
was a chocolate milkshake

since so many of our meds
play havoc with our digestive systems
i wonder if there is a physiological basis
for this [apparently quite specific] type of craving?

the fat?
the sugar?
the calcium?
the temperature?

hmmm ...
i think it's time for some grocery shopping ...

with love from your syber sis in cravings

janet