Camilla,

Regarding an early warning of walking off in the night, have you thought of
purchasing one of the cheap, self-contained passive infra red warning devices?

They are about the size of your hand and cost less than $20.  They are
battery operated, detect movement just like standard alarm systems and have
a built-in alarm.  You could set this at night to cover the stairs or
whatever (they can be carried from room to room and placed on window ledges
etc). It would have the advantage that you would not have to mess about with
your house alarm.

Regarding this sort of problem, another thought came to mind on a possible
device that might be of help to those who needed to keep a closer check on
their partner's movements during the day, if they were concerned about the
effect of a new drug.  I believe an electronic device exists which was
designed to provide an early warning of children straying away from their
parents.  I believe is also used to warn of baggage being stolen.  It works
by the placement of a small transmitter, perhaps like a watch, on the child
or in the luggage.  The parent or luggage owner has the receiving device on
them and if the transmitter moves out of range, a warning signal is
activated at the receiver to warn of a straying child or luggage.  I
remember seeing it advertised once and thought it was a good idea.

Has anybody used this last device?

Ernie

Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>