To All List Members, etc.

    Senator McCain's Legislative Health Issues Aide, Sonia Sotak is
interested in receiving letters of endorsement of the Udall bill from
organizations, etc.  The Senator's office is at 241 Russell Senate
Office Building.

The National Council of Jewish Women recently sent a letter of
endorsement to the co-chairs of the bill.
Following are excerpts from the letter sent by Nan Rich, National
President,

                                                         "On behalf
of the 90,000 members of the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW),
I am writing to express NCJW's strong endorsement of the Morris K.
Udall Parkinson's Research and Education Act of 1997 (S. 535/H.R.
1260),  This legislation would significantly increase funding for
critically needed Parkinson's disease research.

"This bill addresses the imbalance of federal funding for Parkinson's
research.......

"According to medical researchers, with greater funding, more
effective treatments and even possibly a cure could be achieved
during this decade.

"We support this important legislation which will have a significant
impact on Parkinson's victims and their friends and families."

                                               ********