Good morning,

My mother has been on Mirapex now for almost 3 weeks.  The first week
and half was a very unsettled.  Her dyskenesia was much more extreme and
for the first time she found herself completely immobile in the middle
of the night.  I point these reactions out for a couple of reasons.  It
was very distressing to hear all the stellar reports on Mirapex and
instant Sinemet reduction and not enjoy the same experience.  My mother
was very worried that this new drug that we all had waited for , for so
long, was not going to meet close to hopes and expectations.  The other
issue was that her increased symptoms seem to result from ramping up too
fast on the Mirapex.  I think this goes back to the " different strokes
for different folks" scenario.  We quickly dropped her dose of the
Mirapex by a third and changed her schedule of introducing the Mirapex
to three times the time alloted.  Everything is much smoother, better
than ever and spirits are high.  I believe her high sensitivity to
dopamine, the increased dopamine floating in the brain, etc. was causing
the gyrations.

I caution those having started on Mirapex, and are experiencing
problems, that it may be an option to slow down the titration of the
Mirapex rather than decreasing the Sinemet. So far we are having luck
with this approach.

On another subject.  Does anyone have any information on "ideopathic"
Parkisons or Parkinsonism.  My step father was told last week (after
being told for the last 10 years he has PD) that he may have Ideopathic
PD and Sinemet won't help.  We have always told the various neuro's that
his Sinemet makes no impact but to no avail.

Thanks for listening and best regards to all

Bill

--
Bill Bell ([log in to unmask])