Dear Lucy-- what a sad progression--or rather regression--for your father.
It is very hard to understand why the neuro and psychiatrist won't
communicate--have you been really assertive and insisted?  As for the
"skilled care" need and acute med. emergency, I wonder if this is in
relation only to his insurance coverage, and especially to Medicare, which
will only pay in a NH if skilled care is needed.  It would seem the psychotic
episodes would indicate this. Would it make a difference if he were "private
pay"?  You saiud they took him off all those meds, but not whether they tried
either clozapine or olanzapine (sp?) which can help with such problems.They
are used by many neuros for PWPs with hallucinations, etc.  Hooe this
may be some help--stay connected.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"