hi all

lucy and kathie have described situations
where my sibling parkies have exhibited behaviour/symptoms
that is generally termed "psychotic" or "delusional" or ...
i'm not certain of the correct terminology ...

our brain chemistry is a living miracle
it's a miracle that i can understand the words i am writing now
it's a miracle that you can understand the words you are reading now
let alone all the miracles that took place to get from me to you

if that miraculous brain chemistry 'soup' recipe is out of balance
we can exhibit a myriad of symptoms:
tremour
obsessiveness
shuffling walk
hostility
uncontrollable profanity
tiny handwriting
full blown glorious rage
total withdrawal
wild dyskinetic movement
seeing puppies on the kitchen floor
frozen facial muscles

the range and breadth of symptoms is breath-taking
and all caused by the "recipe" being wrong:
"a pinch of something" missing here
and "a dash of something else" extra there

so many of these physical and behavioural symptoms are still tainted
by the associations in our minds with so-called craziness:
"psychiatric hospital", "nut house", "loony bin",
and my all-time favourite "insane asylum"

but they are all "just" symptoms
and indications that the chef has work to do

yours in nutsiness

janet