More info on my father...see below.

Cindy Olson
Southern Methodist University

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 15:34:22 -0500 (CDT)
From: Cindy Gale Olson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Mary Rack <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Question about Dysphagia

Mary,

Yes, he is on senemit.  But he never did this before the surgery and he
has been on this medication for years.

Yes, a speech therapist is working with him.  Trouble is I live in
another state and so it has been difficult to get full info alot of the
time.  According to my step-mother, the doctors say they just do not
know.

His short-term memory appears intact, but he is confused alot of the
time.  Recently, the caseworker mentioned his feeding tube and he said
that he was not on a feeding tube.  I suppose there must be some dementia
involved?  However, my stepmother can read him the same letter 2 days in
a row and he will say, "You read that to me yesterday."  But, the man is
not aware of the feeding tube."  Also his speech was severly affected,
the volume is low and mumbled.  So, it is difficult for him to communicate.