Mike Claeys asked me to forward a letter I received from Rep. Jim Talent's
office informing me that the congressman had decided to co-sponsor the
Udall bill.  I guess he's hoping it will inspire everyone who seems to be
working on a lost cause.  Talent was the least likely of my prospects
because he has never endorsed a bill (or so he claims) that included
earmarked funds. With the help of the Panhandlers (Udall advocates from
New York), we overcame his objections.  As Mort Kondrache remarked at the
Forum, the most convincing inforamtion we have is the handout comparing
our allocations with other diseases'.

 Now that we have Talent,I'm more determined than ever to go after the two
holdouts from our area - Ashcroft and Hulshof.  Anything's possible!

Pat