---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:04:46 -0400
From: "Barr, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Udall Bill

Ms. Schark:

You will be happy to know that Mr. Talent has agreed to cosponsor the
Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research and Education Act.  Having reviewed
the materials you provided, he is convinced these additional funds are
important and will truly make a difference.  His name will be added to the
list of sponsors in September when the Congress comes back from recess.

Ms. Schark, your efforts were crucial in demonstrating the current inequity
in research dollars at NIH.  Congressman Talent appreciates your bringing
this to his attention and looks forward to working for enactment of this
important legislation.  I also enjoyed meeting with you and look forward to
working with you on this issue in the future.

Please feel free to e-mail or call me in Washington at 202-225-2561 if you
have any questions or comments.  If there is anything we can do for you in
the future, please don't hesitate to contract us.

Best regards,

Andy Barr
Legislative Assistant
Congressman James M. Talent