Rosemary - when someone mentions horses my attention is instantly
grabbed
and held. Then you said:
" 3.  I have had problems with depression and the fact that I no longer
had my horses has been harder on me than anything.  I just miss that
life so much."
My very mean wife made me move off our ranch because of my PD, and I
know
now that it was the right thing to do. But giving my horses up was the
wrong thing to do.

The endless work on a ranch wore me down. There's always tractor work,
carpentry, feeding, something going on that demands attention and
physical
labor, but the good times with my horses seemed to far outweigh the
physical problems - until I fell by the barn and couldn't get up.

I'm very blessed because I have a daughter who now has her own ranch
with
some 50 horses and I can go to her place and pick whichever one I want.
seldom ride anymore and when I do it's bareback - easier to slip off if
get in trouble. One hour of being out there, alone, with a good horse,
just
playing and talking, is worth a hundred days of being inside a house.

More than Prozac, more than any other drug, horses cure depression for
those who love horses.

Take care, and love your horse for me.

Jerry Finch
http://nmnet.net/lostchild/  -The Lost Child