Barb M.
        I agree! The hospital staff would probably feel that they were being judged.
But, if they're doing their job well and responsibly, they shouldn't be
bothered by the presence of a family member, since there isn't anything to
hide then!
        That said, I remember when Grandpa (Dad's father) was in a nursing home for
Alzheimer's. I think we felt that he got pretty good care, at least most of
the time.  My aunt (Dad's sister) lived out-of-state. Whenever she was
visiting Ohio, she'd go to the nursing home first thing in the morning
(before they'd had their breakfast) and stay there until after they'd eaten
dinner. She'd take care of Grandpa, and would in fact tell the nursing home
staff how to take care of him better! Unfortunately, they couldn't pay as
close attention to him as my aunt would have liked (there were 29 other
patients in the Alzheimer's wing, most of whom were much more active than
Grandpa was at 98!). I'm sure that there were many times when the staff would
have preferred that she not be so openly present!