HI Bonnie,

I have comments on the 45 yo man who has chosen not to take PD meds and
is applying for SS disability.  It certainly is his choice as to whether
he takes meds but the society has the right to set the qualifications
for disability payments as for the patient to be cooperating with
generally accepted medical treatment. This man likely could still be
working (and much more comfortable and functional) if he was taking an
agonist or l-dopa.  I don't think he has the right to expect society to
support him financially if he refuses generally accepted treatment and
then is disabled because of that refusal.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI