> I don't know what to do. He is not safe alone, but  wishes to remain
> independent. Apparently he has the resources to afford some domestic
> assistance, such as a part time companion, and I am willing to help with
his
> meds, but I wonder if this isn't just putting off the inevitable, and
also
> exposing him to great danger. I frankly don't think his hallucinations
are
> tied to the sinemet because he has them even when he is very off. But I'm
no
> expert on PD-related hallucinations and psychosis.
 > Kathie Tollifson

If you have spoken with your friend's  psychiatrist before, you may be able
to approach him concerning the need for your friend to have home health
care -  at least a visiting nurse to over-see his case management.  The
medical community has a responsibility to get involved in your friend's
case until there is some stabilization in his condition.  I'm wondering how
familiar the attending psychiatrist is with PD and the side-effects of the
meds.  I also wondering *why* the neurologist would have prescribed
Eldepryl  late in the day - or was the the error of the pharmacist?
------
Mary Ann