From:   Parkinsn List Study Group; McMaster University School of
Nursing,Hamilton, Ontario, Canada; Sheryl Boblin-Cummings Ph.D., RN,
Dauna Crooks D.N.S., RN, Barbara Patterson, Leslie Van Dover Ph.D., RN.;
Mary Fawcett, MHSc, RN.

We have been looking at messages from the Parkinsn List archives to
develop an understanding of how people use the list and its value to
them. From this, we have some ideas about "what is going on on the
List?".  We would now like to hear directly from list members about your
experience with the Parkinsn list.

Your answers to the questions below will help us to better understand
your experience and to interpret it to others.  You can choose to respond
to these questions or not.  If you share your expertise and experience
with us, we will be grateful.  It's important for us to hear from you IN
YOUR OWN WORDS.  If you find it too difficult to respond or are not
interested, that's OK.

You can respond to some questions and not others, as you wish.  You can
respond "on list" or privately to: Leslie Van Dover at:

People join Lists for various reasons

1.How did you first learn about the Parkinsn List?

2.When did you first join the Parkinsn List?

3.What reason(s) did you have for joining the Parkinsn List?

People stay on lists for different reasons.

4.Why do you stay on the Parkinsn List?

5.What are the three most important things you get from the Parkinsn List?

6.What else are you getting out of belonging to the Parkinsn List?

>From reading the archives, we think that one ofthe main things that goes
on in the Parkinsn List is something we call "connecting". By connecting,
we mean sharing a part of our lives with each other, creating a sense of
togetherness.

For example, people can "connect" with: other people who are having
similar experiences; ways of dealing with PD in everyday life;
information about PD and its symptoms and treatment; and ways of taking
action to improve the situation for themselves and others.

7. Do you think "connecting" is one of the mainthings that is happening
on the Parkinsn List?

8.Is connecting happening for you on the Parkinsn List?

If it's not "connecting", how would you describe what is happening for you?

9.If something is going on on the Parkinsn List thatis MORE IMPORTANT to
you, what is it?

Leslie Van Dover
McMaster University School of Nursing