Action Advisory - Parkinson's Action Network
SAMPLE COSPONSOR THANK YOU LETTER TO THE EDITOR
--------------------
Date

Letters to the Editor
Your Newspaper
Anytown, USA

Dear Editor:

Parkinson's disease is a progressive, debilitating neurological disorder.
 Robbed of normal muscle movement, parkinson's patients eventually become
prisoners in their own frozen bodies.  Currently, Parkinson's affects
approximately one million Americans and their families--with 50,000 more
diagnosed each year--costing the nation an estimated $25 Billion per year.

But there is hope.  Medical research has made significant progress in a
number of promising areas, and have realistic expectations for improved
treatments and possibly even a cure in the very near future.

to achieve this goal, legislation has been introduced in the United States
Congress which will provide Parkinson's researchers and physicians with the
resources they need.  Titled--The Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research and
Education Act,--(House bill H.R.1260 & Senate bill S.535), this landmark
legislation establishes an aggressive research agenda to rid our nation of
the tremendous physical, emotional and economic burden of Parkinson's.

I and many Parkinson's sufferers in our state wish to thank Representative
(Senator)..............................(Party-Hometown) for cosponsoring the
Udall bill and working towards its earliest possible passage.  Her (his)
leadership is inspiring and I (we) hope she (he) will be an example for the
rest of (state)'s congressional delegation.

Sincerely,

(Your name, address and phone number)
-----------------------
Parkinson's Action Network