HI Jay,

I am surprised that the application went through although you had a
number of things happen to you.  If they granted the disability based on
PD then I believe the regulations require you to be under a physician's
care.  Certainly private insurers do.  They may have surmised that your
depression plus the fall and the Electoconvulsive Therapy courtesy of
Maytag were the cause of your disability.

Jay, if you indeed have PD which by your description is likely I hope
you will get to a competent neurologist and at least listen to his/her
recommendations.  The issue of the health insurance (that you didn't
have ) is a tragedy of the US system of health care.  As has been stated
by many people here on the list PD is treatable and while there are
potential side effects of the medications most of us have concluded that
they are worth it compared to the state we experience when we are not
taking them.  Pramipexole is now available for use with or without
sinemet.  While it is not known for certain it is felt that the
agoniasts like pramipexole are less likely to induce dyskinesia.  And
even if you need to take the sinemet quality of life is much better even
with the development of dyskinesia.  I presume you now have Medicare or
Medical Assistance or at least are eligible for them and the financial
issue should not be an issue.

Jay- I want to wish you good luck.

Charlie

--