Hi Robert,

at least you did not skin me alive. Perhaps I wasn't clear, it is in
Norway that I will be paying high taxes - at the moment I am in the
favoured position of being an expatriate. My last tax bill (3 years ago)
in Norway was in fact a little over 40% (I exagerated a little), but
goods and services tax is at 22% + so even disposable income is hit
hard.

Yes, the states would be better for tax, but do you think I would
survive there very long? (watch the next mail for more info on this).

Re climate: 30 centigrade to 3 (we expect to arrive there mid to late
October) will just go to enhance the reverse culture shock (YUK).

Regards