I have finally started to find a comfort zone with the Mirapex after a
couple of suggestions were posted regarding reducing sinemet. I started
cutting back about a week ago, am now only taking 50-60% of the sinemet I
used pre-Mirapex! I find this good news! I am VERY sensitive to sinemet
dosing now, just 10 mgs too much will set me off into dyskinesia, so I think
I will start using a pill-cutter and get fine-tuned. With reduction in the
sinemet, I am no longer  racing a thousand miles an hour, so I am sleeping
better also. Boy, that first week at 1.5 mgs was a hum-dinger!

Ron update...his brother and sister arrived on Monday, have been staying
with him, giving his meds, etc. Today they are having an "estate sale",
getting rid of his furniture, and taking him to Texas to a
yet-to-be-identified home care place...Arthur thanks for the lead in Dallas,
Bill will be contacting Ann when he returns. Ron is doing a little better,
just taking his meds on time is helping, plus we have discontinued the
night-time Eldepryl and the morning Olanzepine, so his sleep/wake thing is
semi-normal now. A million thanks for all the ideas, testimonies,
encouragement I received during this crisis...the list really was a 4 star
resource.

I must respond to Margie's statement that young PWP's don't suffer
hallucinations and dementia...I personally have 2 close friends in their
40's with severe hallucination problems, their wives are both considering
home care for them because they can no longer manage them. Then there is 54
year old Ron, and we know his story. I think it is safe to say that an older
PWP probably has little to lose by using sinemet to improve functioning, but
us youngsters staring down a 40 year time line have some real hard choices
to make  re: sinemet. Do I want to risk damaging my brain or mind when there
is such a strong likelihood of curative procedures within the next 10 years?
I want to be in the best shape possible the day they announce a cure! At
lease with most vitamin/supplement approaches we are fairly confident of
doing no harm.

Kathie Tollifson
47/9