From: Tebay, Wendy M on Fri, Aug 15, 1997 12:42 PM
Subject: ice cream
To: PD Listserv Postings

I find the discussions regarding ice cream amusing.  Back in high
school, I worked at Baskin Robbins dipping ice cream and got rather
sick of it.  I also had a huge muscle on my right forearm to show for
it.  In the past few years, my appetite for ice cream has returned,
and now I eat it fairly often.  Last summer I was trying to put some
weight back on (between the pd and stress re: my job) I had
unintentionally lost weight.  I ended up drinking a shake every day
for a while there, with regular ice cream and Ensure (rather than milk
cuz it had more vitamins, etc.).  I guess one good thing about the pd,
is that everyone is jealous that I don't have a weight problem (at
least not in the usual sense).  If anything, I find that I need to eat
alot, and almost constantly to keep my energy up, cuz that has as much
direct effect on my symptoms as do the meds.

Wendy Tebay