Hi Marling:

        I feel for you because I had a little "cousin" of your experience today.  I
had excessive dyskinesia to the point I've been sweating and found even lying
in bed or sitting at the computer difficult.  This is the worse dyskinesia I
remember having.  It seems to be a bi-product of substituting the agonist
Mirapex for the agonist Parlodel, and theoretically getting the  ratio
between the Sinemet and the Mirapex right.

        When I was getting my meds readjusted three years ago, my PD neuro, Dr.
William Koller at KU Med Ctr, took me off of sinemet CR and put me back on
regular Sinemet because I was proned to dyskinesia.  Also, I went off the
agonist Permax (due to a personal intolerance for it) and went on the agonist
Parlodel.

        Unfortunately, I did not get the benefit of Koller's counsel re: the agonist
Mirapex.  It just so happen that I had a routine f.u. with another staff
doctor when Mirapex received FDA approval, & it seemed like a long-awaited
opportunity should be seized. But the jury is out on whether it is   going
  to be the best agonist choice for me!

        Ultimately. it is trial-and-error to find what will work for you. Good luck!

Regards,

Barb
Barbara Blake-Krebs  (56, dx 1984)       [log in to unmask]
Merriam, KS, USA                                                (ltr after F is cap "i")

You posted--