CHARLIE WROTE:

>Jay, in your case you were given SSDI with what in my
>view was inadequate.  You are under a physician's care who shares your
>philosophy and therefore you are receiving disability payments.

Charlie and others,

For my own personal sense of well being, I feel that some clarification may
be in order.  Charlie, you apparently construed some information in my
posting incorrectly in order for you to reach the above conclusion.

Upon submitting my application for SSDI, I was not a patient with any
physician for Parkinsons or otherwise.  When the time came to provide
medical documentation to show disability, I didn't have any so SS made an
appointment for me to see a physician as well as a clinical psycholigist.
Both individuals were "on contract" with the SS. (sounds ominous!!)  The
end result was that the psycholigist was so impressed with how fast I was
able to count backwards from 100 by 7, (93, 86, 79 etc.) He began to laugh
while asking me whether I had
memorized the numbers; I answered with the question: is knowledge
memorized?  I guess I passed.

Now, in regard to the physician for the SS.  The comment that he made after
his examination was "your one of the few legitimate people I see".  A quick
summation of his examination was that I showed serious impairment but was
likely to improve in time.  He obviously documented my symptoms and sent
his recommendation attached thereto.

In conclusion, I was approved because at the time of my examination, the
physician for SS was clearly impressed but somewhat surprised as to the
severity of some of my symptoms.  The physician that recommended I wait in
regard to l-dopa was first seen subsequent to my SSDI approval.  The issue
regarding why I had not previously sought medical help for my condition is
a much larger can of worms! (Shall I bait your hook, Charlie?)

Jay 47/7
Pray for a cure & each other!