Marling's post and some experiences I have had recently has prompted me to ask for someone to elaborate on what is meant by peak dose dystonia. What are the symptoms? To provide some background I was forced to change neuros two months ago when my neuro moved away.

My new neuro added Permax to my current 4 daily Sinemet 25/100 CR. As I titrated (love that word) from 0.05 to 0.75 mg per day over a two week period, I noticed a decrease in the dystonia; however, after about a three week period the dystonia would return at times during the day.

I had an appointment with my neuro at the end of the two week titration period. The appointment was at 11:45 and she had asked me not to take my normal 11:00 a.m. medication. I misinterpreted and did not take any medication that day. I felt great at the exam and she mentioned that my    gate seemed to have improved.

I was having problems with dystonia last week so I decided to go cold turkey on Monday and try no meds. I felt great all day. I took two 0.25 mg doses of Permax on Tuesday. I felt O.K., but was somewhat agitated in the evening. For the rest of the week I took a morning and early evening dose of 25/100 Sinemet and a morning and noon time 0.25 mg dose of Permax. I seem to feel better, but am not sure that I may also be experiencing the benefits of a mini-drug holiday. Is dystonia also a symptom of over medication?

I know I shouldn't be wacking around with my meds this way, but the scientist in my can't resist the experiments. Establishing cause and effect with this disease and treatment program is a bear.

Phil Gesotti 47/1+ [log in to unmask]