David,

I am currently taking Amantadine and Mirapex and also experience drowsiness.
I have fallen asleep in church, at dinner parties, at the movies, at support
group meetings, etc. These I can handle, my problem is when I fall asleep
while my wife and I are engaged in conversation. It definitely is the
medication. One thing that helped me was to reduce the dosage and allow my
tremor to increase. Also, I get up and walk around a little if the situation
allows it.There is a balance somewhere. I am retired so I don't have to worry
about meetings at work. If you find another solution, please let me know.

John McCabe    58/7    8/16/97