hi ken

you said:

>We have become a nation of complacent people, who either
>don't have the will or the time, or money to fight back,
>especially when we are sick!.... When companies are competing
>for our dollars, or pesos, or marks, or yen, etc.
>THEY  should  be concerned about giving proper service.
>Without us, they would not exist!

with my canadian background
and having lived in bermuda for 16 years
[this unique watery crossroads between europe and north america]
i frequently find myself observing some situations in the usa in puzzlement

the canajun in me feels a deep seated reluctance
at viewing any kind of health care as a 'profit centre'

i said to a couple of friends recently:
>how is it that the olde 'honourable' professions
>law - defending the innocent
>medicine - healing the sick
>got so tainted by moolah in the usa?
>even next door across the longest undefended border in the world
>canada's approach is oceans away from the usa

i didn't and don't intend this as a criticism
[we have all evolved as circumstances have permitted]
but simply as an observation by an interested 'outsider'

through the wonders of etheria
i remain your syber-sis

janet