At 11:56 PM 8/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Drowsiness happens to be one of the most aggravating and frustrating PD
>symptoms I deal with each day.  IF I'm very busy physically, it can be
>forgotten about.  However, if I'm relaxed.... sitting talking with someone or
>am at the keyboard, well, I begin to feel myself drift in and out of deep
>sleep.
>
>GAWD!  THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!   It's SO embarrassing to fall asleep while
>sitting on the sofa and talking with someone, or to doze off while a
passenger
>in a car!
>
>I noticed that at about the time the drowsiness first strikes me each day
- at
>3:50 p.m. (not 4 p.m. - but 3:50!) <weird!>, my feet and ankles become
>icy-cold (even tho the weather here might top 100 degrees I still get that
>icy-feet-thinggee!).  If I immediately lie down and put a heating pad on my
>feet, while dozing for 45 minutes or an hour, I can usually cut the time I'm
>so drowsy down from it's regular 3 or 4 hours.   However, if I try to work
>thru that down-time, it easily takes me that full 4 hours to once again feel
>fully awake.
>
>What's even stranger about this is  I have been getting a full nite's sleep
>for about 5 or 6 months now due to FINALLY biting the bullet and taking a
>sleeping pill before bed each nite.  (FYI... I'm taking the generic of
>Restoril," and while I initially began taking an entire capsule, per the
>directions, I now open each one and empty OUT slightly more than 1/2.  THAT
>works just as well for me!).  Yet I STILL become profoundly tired almost
every
>day!
>
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! <--- Barb has a tizzy-fit in exasperation!)
>
>Barb Mallut
>
>----------

 If
>I'm active, OK, but if I sit down, forget it.  It's onset is so rapid.  In
>public, it's an embarrassment, in private, a nuisance, especially when riding
>lawn mower or sitting at the computer.
>
>As you, I feel it's the meds.  I take 200mg Amantadine, 4 - 25/100  Sinemet
>daily (Mirapax didn't work for me, unfortunately).
>
>Joe Young (65/5).

You mean there's nothing that can be done about it short of taking a maga
dose of NO-DOZ, and I don't want to do that. I think the best approach is
to inform the other people at the meeting that I might be in and out due to
PD medications. Then have a Dr.Pepper just prior to the meeting.

Its just that there are meetings scheduled in November where there will be
representatives from all the Major Cellular Telephone companies to come up
with the best way to value them. I am the appraiser who does all the
Cellulars each year for the Department of Revenue. Those are the metings
that I am most concerned about.
Yours and His
David L. Moreland
http://www.teleport.com/~davelm