Marling,

Thanks for your support, I was feeling very lonely. From your reply, I
do not understand the differences between SSI, SSA, and SSDI. Could you
explain briefly please.

My concern was the principle of withholding the money (on the basis that
he is entitled to it one way or another -  and if it's not a direct
contribution he made, it  would be indirect through some other form of
taxation) unless he took a course of medical treatment. That strikes me
as being force by economic sanction. Dangerous in the hands of
government.

Regards

David