Dale,

I know how hard it can be when the physical presence
of PD straddles you life.  Prior to my recent pallidotomy
I experienced disabling dyskinesia, such that I was unable
to eat a meal without redistributing both the food and the
cutlery. Liquids stood an equal chance of reaching my mouth
or my chest.  Walking had become a macabre dance across
the floor. That was my on state. My 'off' state left me 'as slow
as a wet weekend'. I had difficulty turning the pages of a book,
eating a meal took nearly an hour, pulling up my pants was an
exhausting 10 minute exploration of the effects of gravity.

To escape I chose to have a pallidotomy, which for technical
reasons had to be aborted well into the procedure and then
repeated the week after.

Since the pallidotomy I have regained much of my quality of
life and am certainly 'doing it easier' than before.  But I still have
to put up with the ,admitedly reduced, dyskinesia on the
untreated side, and an 'off' which is an improvement on my
previous state, but which is still significant (I can now get
my pants up in just under 2 mins - good but not up to Don Juan;s
standards).

I think I have paid my dues (at least up to date). PD is a significant
part of my life, of all our lives, but it doesn't own me.  There
is life with PD.  We have to choose to find it and live it.

I hope things improve for you.

Dennis..

Dennis Greene 47/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/