Rita,
        an EXCELLENT description of what it's like!  Have had a hard time trying
to e xplain the difference between getting drowsy and nodding off and this
'Bingo' you're out of here, instant sleep.

Marling,
        I went for about two years as you, only my routine was every hour, on
the hour (almost exactly) wake up, get up, walk around, back to bed until the
next hour.  You're not taking  Eldepryl or Amantadine are you?  By
experimenting, I dropped the Eldepryl and make sure I never take Amantadine
after noon. I achieved the dubious achievement of sleep ½ hr, up 1 hr, sleep
until 7.00 (6 uninterrupted hours of glorious sleep).

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Don,
>keeping my mind busy would be IMPOSSIBLE when this drowsiness stage hits.  I
>have fallen asleep at the computer, at the sewing machine, I sleep in chairs
>in the mall, on street benches, behind the wheel of a car, in mid sentence at
>the table, etc.  I fall asleep working a crossword puzzle.  For me, the only
>way I can remain awake is to be on my feet.  I am asleep before I know I have
>hit the drowsy stage..........this is NOT the same thing as dozing off while
>watching television........it is a different mechanical/chemical/whatever
>response than just simply dozing off.  If I am awakened prior to this stage
>completely passing, I am groggy, slightly disoriented.........akin to be
>awakened from a sound sleep at 1 am in a strange hotel room (only to find
>that someone was calling the wrong number!).
>
>Joe,

>>I have doubts.  My meds sit at the head of my bed and I still do not sleep all
night.  I am lucky if I get 3 hours in a night (usually in 30 minute spurts, not
all together). However, maybe I need to get them closer to me, maybe on my
nightstand next to my head??

don't forget how to laugh
Marling<<<