To Susan, Charles, Margie, Michel and many others who no doubt have the
same general authoritarian attitude,

I am somewhat surprised at this stance from a group who crave tolerance
and support from society at large.

To deny this man access to the contributions he made, to whatever social
security fund he was a member of, is economic coercion. To make this
judgement is the thin end of the wedge, which ends where. It ends with
making economic judgements on peoples lives. It ends in culling people
like us because we cost society too much.

Listen to the economic argument:

- if medical science is correct, he will die a lot sooner, need less
money for the shorter time he is disabled

- if he takes the drug cocktails, there will be extended non productive
years, higher cost
Let him die! This is the thin edge of the wedge.

Why should the goverment support Udall (if as a non American I
understand it)? Why don't PWP's  pay for all the research themselves.
Why do you expect consideration from others? We are not their
responsibility.

Society has to function on compassion. This man is not imposing has will
on anyone (an answer re scientology, Jehovas Witnesses and blood
transfusions and children). Let him have his personal choice.

This man's attitude is one end of a spectrum. I doubt whether he
represents a significant percentage. I can live without art - should I
complain when government money supports the arts  etc etc ( substitute a
range of your own categories). But I don't, life would be so dull if we
all conformed to the stereotype.  This man is not abusing social
security (in effect an insurance programme to which he has contributed),
I doubt whether he organised his disease. (Ps if you want to control
some of the hidden - not so hidden costs for the SSI do something about
medical and other fatuous litigation, overpriced medicine in general and
private medical insurance that dumps its responsibilities at the drop of
clause 2053 in 2 point print)

Forced feeding has not been in vogue for anorexia for some time, neither
should forced sinemet for PWP's.

Regards from a high tax paying European, full time overworking PWP

(ps anyone have an asbestos suite I could borrow)

CHARLES - thank you for your request to post my first mail to the list,
much appreciated